• May 08, 2024, 12:59:31 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Registration on the forum through the email only to olgatangemann@gmail.com The English edition of the book "Personality Type and Art" is available at Cambridge Scholars Publishing website. The German edition of the book "Personlichkeitstyp und Kunst" is available to buy on Amazon.de in paperback for 29.99 and online options for 9.99

Author Topic: Associative diagnostics of Plateau  (Read 4444 times)

Offline Ольга

• Administrator
  • Ассоциативная модель
    • View Profile
    • Ассоциативная соционика
Re: Associative diagnostics of Plateau
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2019, 01:49:49 PM »
What we can see in the preferences of Plateau?
As a practitioner, I start looking at the non-verbal preferences first to get a vibe of energy from the pictures and from the very detailed commentaries that Plateau has provided. I want to go deeper into his experiences to understand how he sees and feels about music and art and events of his life. It is a very special and enjoyable experience and learning process at the same time.
But to analyse (as a presentation of my opinion of his personality type) I would start with the results of the tests. Why? For two simple reason - this is an objective part of the measurement and not just what I may or may not think. This is a quantitative approach which is a part of diagnostics which does not depend on my or your views. Tests are based on my concept and were created to replace the practitioner and as a helpful instrument for the person to better understand his type. They produce factual information and give me an idea of how  Plateau see his type and whether his opinion is consistent.

The nonverbal test was taken twice by P. and ad it shows stronger introversion than any other attribute of his TPE group. As regards to the functional profile, we have logic and intuition.  This test results suggest two options ILI or LII. Great!
Associative test result points to LII which is consistent with introversion logics and intuition. The subtype test result points to irrationality.
On the whole ILI type came out a bit stronger than LII type on the results and this is what we need to check out by looking at Plateau's nonverbal preferences.
One thing is how the practitioner feels subjectively about the type of the client and another thing is how he presents his point of view and argues the case - objectively for everyone to see and judge. 
Журнал "Соционика": https://www.facebook.com/groups/543577009011267/

Offline Ольга

• Administrator
  • Ассоциативная модель
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2019, 03:19:18 PM »
Let's have a look at what pictures of Plateau can tell us?  There are no strict rules of the analysis with what to start or finish. I will start with a functional profile. I see that the pictures are consistent with the logical intuitive profile. There is a huge presence of geometric form - clear cut edges of objects and lines. More geometric rather than intuitive and this suggests the dominance of logic over intuition.
Humans are presented as flat objects or fictional and cartoon-like. We do not see a lot of details of what they may feel. Just a generally positive outlook on some pictures and on the others we do not see clearly their faces. They are not shown realistic or with humour. They are outlined and presented as other objects in the picture, not standing out. As a bright example are pictures of the cyclist, the lady on a platform or a man with the guitar.
Intuition dominates over logic in the pictures of abstract geometric faces, in the picture of the girl with a bike and a picture of a romantic couple in pink and grey colours. Once again these are not real pictures of people but an imaginative view and symbolic, abstract view.
So, we can conclude that pictures are definitely consistent with a logical intuitive profile.   :)   

Next step is to asses art preferences in relation to TPE.  And for this, I would suggest going straight to his strong dislikes. Two of the pictures he strongly dislikes belong to Superid energy - the Halloween like the face of the girl and the scary lady with the cloth over her head and screaming face. Plateau definitely rejects the idea of the death being  "sexy". No attraction of this kind.  This dismisses straight away the possibility of him being a Superid type and ILI as tests results suggested.
Can we say that his art preferences are consistent with the type LII? For this, we need to find at least the two attributes present out of the three which constitute together Superego energy: rationality, statics, introversion.
 - All pictures are pretty clear and understandable apart of the picture with abstract geometric faces. Rationality dominates over irrationality. 
 - While we have some extraverted dynamics of objects - a visible expression of movements like the wave of wind behind the cyclist, the young lady on the bike and the lady on the platform is moving towards the train and the sporting lady with the ball. However, this is not a genuine introverted dynamics because there is an absence of small lines and obscured outlines of the objects. If we can cut with the scissors the objects in the picture then we deal with static objects. Even if they are presented in the process of movement and not just staying or sitting still. the well-outlined forms of the objects suggest statics moment like a picture while true dynamic art of movement creates an absence of such momentum. The best statics picture in his preference would be a man with the guitar because here we have a flat pictured and well-outlined object in a static position of sitting.
 -
Introversion or extraversion? the pictures are not too dark or too light or too bright. In general, his pictures have calm and peaceful colours where bright colours are complemented with lighter or darker shades. The brightest pictures which could be considered as extraverted with a large object and bright orange colour would be the picture of a sporting lady. Other pictures are more or less of the same colour scheme. For example, the lady on a bike in brown shades, cyclist in grey - purle shades and also is the lady on a platform - monotone colour scheme.

Yes, the movement of the objects which I relate to extraverted dynamics can be confusing whether dynamics dominates over statics or on the opposite?
But as we do not see clear signs of introverted dynamics and we have the rejection of Superid energy we can only think of the presence of the dynamics coming from Ego-energy. It would be right to consider Ego-energy as complementing Superego energy and the TPE profile  Superego- Ego.

This shows Plateau as an ambitious introvert with the strive to be a strong leader and strong intentions to be a hero or a champion. I am sure we could give more thought and tell about his personality by looking more deeply into his art preferences...but this is not necessary for type identification. ;) We are not storytellers but professionals in type identification. However....this part of psychoanalysis is also possible and then it would be a part of art-therapy where art preference reveals more about the person than just a type.

Offline Ольга

• Administrator
  • Ассоциативная модель
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2019, 03:35:10 PM »
As regards to Plateau music, I will not go into more details right now and just say that there is quite a lot of Ego music in his list with some of the songs made me think also about Superego and Superid energy preferences. The associative psycho-diagnostics can be long and very detailed and I am happy to do it as an example of teaching the method. The Practioner decides how much information is prepared to reveal to the client and if this is necessary or not for type identification.  If I think that I have said enough to be objective and convincing I can stop here. If the client or other interested parties have got a question.....I am always happy to carry on explaining. :)

I would like to add that the type of Plateau has been discussed in private messaging and he is happy with the results because this is what he also thought about his type before.
At the end of the APD I also state the subtype and the TPE profile. Although subtype is not like a type and can change during the course of life I still think it is useful to discuss it with the client and suggest this option. It can be more clearly evident or more obscure from client to client. I would suggest the rational profile  Superego - Ego more than Superego- Superid which test results suggested. It seems to me that Plateau is in a strong position of reaching to the sky. Maybe his natural introversion is something which was always there but there is more to Plateau personality and there is a desire for  more achievement in life.

Thank you very much, Plateau, for taking part in Associative express diagnostics!  :D